- Does your bank participate in any of the major ATM networks, especially ones that include some Serbian banks?
- How much does your bank charge for cash withdrawals in other countries? Don't forget to also see if there is a foreign transaction fee above and beyond the ATM fees.
- If you are bringing a credit card, make sure that you have called your card company and given them your travel dates. Make sure to tell them we will be traveling via Munich, in case you want to use a card in the airport.
- Also, find out what the foreign transaction fees are for the credit card.
- You will NOT want to do cash withdrawals with a credit card, but you may be able to use an ATM card with the Visa or MC logo in some places. Mostly, you'll need cash -- hence finding out about how much cash you can access directly from your account, and what fees will be charged.
Monday, February 27, 2012
On money, etc.
So you are going out of the country, and you don't want to carry much cash. Makes sense. So bring some to exchange when we get there, but also check with your bank and find out the following things: